Whether you have a large parcel of land with conservation value or a small vacation retreat, you can donate your land outright to the Rehoboth Land Trust. By doing so, you are contributing to one of the greatest legacies you can leave for future generations. Land donation is a relatively simple transaction and is appealing to many for a number of reasons.
Are you considering donating your land to the RLT?
You might be if one of the following applies to you:
- Your land has significant conservation value but no heirs that will inherit it (or heirs that cannot or will not protect it.)
- You own property (such as a vacation retreat) that you no longer use.
- Your property has highly appreciated, the sale of which would result in large capital gains taxes.
- You have substantial real estate holdings and wish to reduce the estate tax burdens.
- You love your land, but want to be relieved of the responsibility of caring for and managing it.
How do you benefit?
- The satisfaction of contributing to protect the rural character and natural resources of Rehoboth for generations to come.
- The potential eligibility for substantial local and federal tax deductions as a result of your charitable gift.
- The security of knowing that your property, if it meets the RLT conservation priorities, will be protected according to your wishes.
- The assurance that your property will be monitored by the RLT to protect its conservation values.
Interested in learning more? Please contact us with your questions.